The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, January 02, 2006

NEXT TOPIC: CATHOLICISM

Yeah, been pretty piss-poor in this field. Skipping Mass, only giving lip service to something that's been a pretty important part of my life. Not that I'm saying I want to become one of those church folks that only does "Catholic" things like listen to K-Love and read C. S. Lewis, but I do want to become a more concerned member of this little club I belong to. Again, setting a concrete goal in a field as this is pretty hard, but here goes...

Read the Catechism of the Catholic Church by year's end.

1 Comments:

  • This one, though an amiable persuit by any aspiring church scholar, might not be an attainable goal. Do you currently have a copy? Have you looked at it before? If you have, you might realize that this document doesn't read like a regular piece of non-fiction, but more like a legal document with clauses and sub-clauses. I can recommend/send some books, which DO read like regular non-fiction books, that distill the Catechism into something easier to chew. Let me know.

    P.S. - Returning to our Catholic roots is something else we can work on together...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home