The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

CURVES

Hi. I'm Greg, and I'm an emotional eater.

Today was pretty rough. Seems like I couldn't do anything right or to anyone's satisfaction. An afternoon snack of a Butterfinger didn't seem to help. (My friend Chris has a Butterfinger and canned pineapple for lunch, he looks like a cut Buster Poindexter, but I digress...)

Dinner consisted of a double-meat Whataburger, large fries and a large root beer. "After the day I've had, I deserve this," I thought to myself as I was pulling into the drive-thru. Fast food just sounded better than the Weight Watchers frozen dinners waiting here at home. (Call me crazy, but dinner from a box just doesn't sound that appealing to me.)

Any ideas on how I can fight this?

2 Comments:

  • Well, it seems obvious, but you need to first have something ELSE to reward yourself or comfort yourself with... like shooting hoops at a local court, or zoning out with a favorite cd for half an hour...

    And then, after crummy days like that, you need to change your message to yourself. It needs to go something like this:

    "After a day like today, when everyone has been crabby/hard to please/mean/oppressive, I deserve to do right by me - I deserve to treat myself well, with healthy, nourishing food and positive thoughts."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM  

  • You could have good food waiting for you at home (and I mean NOT weight-watchers meals, which may be tasty, but do not SOUND appealing).

    Make some meals for yourself in advance (like tonight, I had 1 turkey burger for dinner, but made 6 total, seasoned, divided, and packaged the left over individually). Then you can tell yourself it's less work to just eat at home than it is to go through the drive thru-- and the temptation is more easily out-weighed by your conscience.

    By Blogger krisluvswool, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home