The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, February 06, 2006

Okay, time for some explanation...

I saw "Brokeback Mountain" with my friends V and C on Saturday evening. Somewhat depressing, in my mind. Some in the audience (including V) felt bad for the two lead characters. I felt worse for the women, myself. Two things I did enjoy about the movie? The scenery, and Anne Hathaway.

The movie was a part of the day I spent with V, C and C's hubby J. (I'd give my friends clever pseudonyms, but I'm not profgrrrrl, okay?) Lunch at the restaurant where he works (a reward for aceing a test given by a secret shopper), watching some Comedy Central and GSN, the movie, dinner at Chili's and dancing and drinks at a bar. It was a nice change of pace from my usual Saturday night routine. Of course, this only seems to happen whenever V is in town from Houston.

A certain ex-girlfriend of mine turns 27 this Friday. I got the idea in my head to send her an e-mail/text message wishing her a happy birthday. Thanks to Rae (and a friend from UT who's also familiar with the situation), I shan't do it anymore. Different reasons ("a boyfriend remembers a birthday, an ex-boyfriend forgets" and "I've played that game before"), but the same conclusion: it's a bad idea.

As for what I'm doing this week? Part of the plans just finished up, with a trip to a burger joint for some food, Budweiser, rockabilly and swing dancing. (I came for swing lessons, I almost ended up in an episode of Laguna Beach... more on that later...) I was planning to get together with K on Wednesday, but it turns out she has to work that night, so hopefully we'll get together soon. (I figure it's been about a month, I think I'm due another date, no?) But now, I'm off to bed. G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home