The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Some random thoughts I've been meaning to get out of my head.

- Watching "#1 Single" right now. Boy, if Lisa Loeb has it this tough in the dating world, maybe I shouldn't complain so much. (Is anyone else shocked to learn that she's 37?) She still is real cute, though.

- Valentine's Day is 27 hours away. I know I've been a bit... er, whiny about the day in the past, but I'm more of a hopeful fan of the day and what it represents. Over the past few years, I've been a flower-sending fool, sending bouquets to friends and acquaintances near and far, from Austin to Oregon to Michigan. (Still looking for recipients for this year... ;) ) From what I've found, the more I can do to make others feel good on Valentine's Day, the better my Valentine's Day is. True, I'd like to have my happiness-increasing focused on one individual, but I guess I could use the practice working with many people.

- Speaking of love, I think I'm coming to the realization that I'm still not over Suzanne. How I change that, I have no idea.

- For future reference, when you're at Poker Night with a bunch of dudes, don't tell them that you saw "Brokeback Mountain" and expect not to be laughed at.

- Just got the latest issue of Men's Health yesterday. I'll be sure to bring up any interesting tidbits later on down the road.

- Been saving up for one of these things for some time now. (Currently, the tote board shows I'm 2/3 of the way there.) Here's my question: how do they hold up to a lot of shock? (i.e. while running or working out)

Happy Valentine's Eve, everyone.

1 Comments:

  • on the ipod: the older ones are bs when it comes to shocks. the newer ones use a different kind of hard disk memory i think and should respond better to running. in hold mine in my hand when i run and am patient when it freaks out.

    By Blogger Norman Rose, at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home