The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Okay, remember the other day, when I was whining about all I could afford was a "rinky-dink condo"? Well, I guess that's not such a bad thing.

Sunday morning, soon after I finished that post, my folks showed me an ad for an open house for a condo near the house. My dad and I went to check it out, and I was pleasantly surprised. A 20-something-year-old unit, it was rebuilt due to an attic fire. New flooring, new appliances, new paint, it was all very nice. And, in what could only be described as kismet, my dad ended up knowing the real estate agent representing the seller; they worked together back when my dad was actually working.

I ran some numbers, and saw it'd be a lot more reasonable than if I got an actual house. So, I decided to put in an offer for $500 over the list price. (There were 2 other offers that were in when I got mine in.) And then, I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Then, a little after 4:00 in the afternoon, I checked my voicemail. The following message was waiting for me...

"Hey Greg, it's Richard. You got the condo."

I'm a homeowner.

3 Comments:

  • Aww!!! That's so awesome! Congratulations :)

    Now just send some of that good luck my way-- we're STILL WAITING! How long are these guys going to be on vacation!?!?!!??

    By Blogger krisluvswool, at 11:05 PM  

  • coolio, when's the move-in date?

    By Blogger Sandra Vahtel, at 2:00 PM  

  • I thought I posted to this...

    Congrats, Greg! That's so fantastic.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home