The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

CATHOLICISM

So today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent, a time of reflection and sacrifice for us Catholics. What am I giving up? Two things.

One of them I've tried before. The other... not since college. The two are somewhat related, at least in my mind.

Yes, I'm giving up sex again. Three years ago, when I did this the first time, it went pretty good, for the most part. A couple of cheats, but I was good otherwise. But I'm adding something to the mix: alcohol. My dad's given up alcohol during Lent in the past (not that he has a problem with it, he only drinks during meals), and ended up losing a few pounds in the process. So I figure I can do the sacrifice and help myself get to my goal at the same time.

This should be fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home