The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, March 06, 2006

I saw her tonight.

I went to an event known as Theology on Tap tonight downtown. A gentleman gave a talk about Natural Family Planning. And if it sounds exciting, it was. Oh, the excitement.

Anyway, about 10-15 minutes into the talk, a couple of people walked into the bar. One of them was Suzanne. The other was a guy that she's been seeing since January. At first, I tried to be cool about it, only casually pointing them out to a friend I was sitting near.

After the talk and a short Q&A session, there was more socializing. And that's when I decided to go over and say hi. We talked for a little bit (how's work, how's the dog, how are your parents, etc.), then before either of us could say, "Boy, this is awkward," I wished her well and returned to my corner.

I thought that would be that; I hoped that was the signal that I was finally starting to come to terms with the breakup. Apparently, it wasn't. I don't want to get too specific, but I was somewhat of a wreck on the way home. Guess there's still work to be done...

1 Comments:

  • weren't you going to take part in photo-a-day saturday? give up the goods, man.

    By Blogger Sandra Vahtel, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home