The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, June 16, 2006

I've had dates cancelled before for a number of reasons: lack of interest, other plans, injury, etc. But today was a first: cancelled due to lack of a babysitter.

I guess it's time to introduce a new character to the fold. In the spirit of pseudonymous (sp?) blogging, we'll call her Hot Mama, HM for short. (I didn't call her "Big Mama" because she's not that big, and frankly, I didn't want "BM" references in my blog...)

We met a couple of weeks ago when I met up with a female friend of mine from work one Saturday night. I'd been out with some of the people from this group before, so I was ready to let loose and have some fun. Even wore my lucky white sheer cotton shirt from the Gap (lucky because I got a phone number for the first time in a long time while wearing it at a pool hall). HM is my friend's friend who also works at the Big Financial Company, in a separate department. We met up at a Mexican restaurant, where I munched on some bad nachos, then headed over to a bar for drinks and dancing. I'm not sure what exactly happened in the time that passed, but HM and I started dancing pretty close. Pretty soon, we started kissing. (Quick note to anyone that was there that night: I realize that making out on a dance floor isn't the nicest thing to see, soI apologize to all who were witness to my actions.)

Honestly, I was a little embarrassed, especially since this was occuring right in front of my friend. Turns out it was my friend's idea to introduce us. (Since then, I've taken to referring to her as the Puppet Master. Either that, or Steve Nash, since she leads the league in assists.) Anyway, 2:00 a.m. came around, and HM and I headed to my place. (It sounds so nice saying that...)

Since then, we've talked on the phone a bit, and went out for dinner last week, doing the whole "getting to know you thing." (Sex first, then dating and hanging out... I should write a book about that. Maybe I'll get as rich as Greg Behrendt...) We had planned to get together tonight here for dinner and a movie, but she left me a voicemail stating that she couldn't find a sitter for her four-year-old daughter.

This is the first time I've ever dated anyone that:
- had a child.
- was divorced.
- worked at the same place I did.

So far, so good. I'm not sure if I'm ready to make this a serious thing or not, only time will tell. If anything, I have a built-in excuse reason to take it slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home