The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, July 10, 2006

DATELINE: Base of Calgary Tower, Calgary, AB, Canada

You might say that free pancakes with bacon cooked into them being served by clowns would be a bit weird. Around here, they call it "Stampeding."

Got in yesterday after my fortunately-not-too-eventful drive from the camping retreat. Raelyn and her husband, Kent, picked me up from the airport. (By the way, for those keeping score at home, this was the first time Raelyn and I have seen each other in person, and we've known each other for over nine years.) A quick trip to a Canadian institution came before they took me to my hotel.

This morning, some walking around and a trip up the tower (fortunately I got in before some light rain came down). Honestly, I've not seen this many cowbay hats in one place ever. That's saying something coming from a Texan. Some pull it off rather nicely. Others, not so much.

If you'll excuse me, I've got a tower to climb. (Okay, an elevator to board..)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home