The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Can shyness be developed over the internets?

There's this gal whose profile I've looked at a few times lately, and I see that she's looked at mine. I've wanted to drop her an e-mail to try and initiate contact, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I just can't seem to find any words that would seem to make an e-mail from me stand out against a crowd. In the real world, she'd probably be the cute girl standing by the bar with her girlfriends, whilst I look every so often in her direction while half-paying attention to whatever game is on the TV.

Basically, I'm treating this e-mail (rightly or wrongly) as my lotto ticket of a chance, and I'm trying to pick the six numbers that would hit the jackpot. (Too bad there's no "quick pick" option...) She's a traveler (one of her pics shows her standing on some wall in Asia), a salsa dancer, and a Texas Ex. One obstacle, though: she's a 5'4" gal looking for a man who stands 5'10"-6'5". (Throw in the "Athletic and Toned" body type, and she's basically looking to meet Tony Parker...)

I'm sure I'll probably throw something together in the next day or so, just wanted to vent a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home