The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, January 15, 2007

(first off, I'll appreciate the stifling of any snickers from my more Northern readers...)

Times like this make me wish I was back in college.

The city is under attack from an Arctic blast. Not only that, it's raining as well. Makes for a combination of closed roads and cancelled classes. One bad thing about working at a 24-hour call center is that it usually takes a natural event of some magnitude to force any closures or cancellations. For the record, the company has sites in other parts of the country, so it's not like we'll be TOTALLY crippled if our site shuts down tomorrow. The odds of that happening aren't too high at the moment, hopefully something will happen within the next few hours to change all that.

That's one thing I like about living below the Mason-Dixon line: any sort of freezing precipitation shuts down the entire city. I could usually count on the spring semester at UT being delayed at least one more day after MLK day due to weather. (Once, during my first couple of years, things got so bad that "non-essential" staff had the day off, forcing the RA's in my dorm to be behind the cafeteria counter serving my food.)

If you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed to dream what a day off feels like...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home