The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, September 23, 2002

Okay. This may be a somewhat random entry, but if you don't like it get your own blog!

First off, some unresolved issues.
About that job at UT... turns out I won't be able to be formally considered for that job until I formally graduate, which will be in December.

The Foreign Service test went okay, in my mind. My biggest frustration was not being able to get the number of a girl I was talking to during the halftime break. But I'm actually thinking about putting an ad in the "I Saw You" section of a local paper. I doubt something like that would work, but we'll see.

You know, one thing I've learned during my six years on the Internet is that friendship is a funny thing when combined with the binary system.
Take my current blogging buddies, Lauren (with an "e") and Teri. You may remember my discussion about meeting Lauren (with an "e") over AIM in the past. She talked about me on her blog, I talked about her on mine. She even put a link to this fine site under her "Friends" section! In the past few weeks, we've talked enough that I almost consider her to be more than just a Net acquiantance.

Now Teri... that's another story. For about a few weeks now, we've had some nice little chats over AIM. But I totally get the feeling that I bother her. Actually, I kind of get that feeling about both her and Lauren (with an "e"), but moreso from Teri for some reason. Why do I say this? For the following...
- Every chat we've had has been instigated by me, which I perceive to be a reluctance to chat.
- Almost all our chats persist of my asking standard "How are you?/How was your weekend?"-type questions, followed by two to five word responses.
Now, she either is guarded about revealing things about herself (which would make her blog an interesting paradox), is busy with other things (which is plausible, seeing as how she's still a student), or I really do bother her. Of course, I may just be paranoid and overly worried about what other people think of me. Then again, that's how I usually am most days.

One last thing. If you're into amatuer erotica, check out Michelle's latest entry. My eyebrows were certainly raised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home