The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, September 09, 2002

Surprise, surprise... Teri still acknowledges my existence. Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if she said that I bother her. I've been told that I do that sometimes, but we'll see...

So an interesting weekend for me. Went to Retama Park last night to use a prize pack that I had won on the radio. It included two buffet meals, admission, and a $20 betting voucher. All I can say is that I made them lose money... but only at the buffet. This was great... $20 got you all-you-can-eat prime rib, pasta, fish, cheesecake... man, it was good! As for the betting... let's just say that if I had a day job, I wouldn't quit it to become a bettor.

Friday night gave me an interesting observation. I met up with my friend James, along with the usual suspects. Thing is, James left after a while to meet up with a friend of his at another bar. I kinda wanted to go with him. Seems I always end up at the same stinkin' bar every night we go out. I mean, there are HUNDREDS of bars in this town... why must we always go to the same place EVERY NIGHT?!?!

This incident got me to thinking... I need to meet some new people. Either here or in Austin. I just need something to take my mind off of the monotony the my life has become lately.

Speaking of monotony, I'm off to bed. Have to start waking up early so I can be good to go for the interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home