The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, September 04, 2002

First things first... I have been informed by a certain person that I have been spelling a certain person's name incorrectly. Apparently, it's Lauren with an "e," not a "y." Now that that's out of the way...

Apparently my test grade isn't up yet. Why, I don't know... I just hope it comes soon. I could use a bit of good news on the job front.

So it seems I've pissed off yet another female. Only this one I actually knew. Her name is Jennifer, and I've known her since 1996. Met her in a Christian Chat room (go fig) the night before my first college exam. We've talked on and off since then. Of course, with all cute girls I know, I painfully wanted to meet her in person and hook up with her. (This was during the days that the phrase "We met online" still met with raised eyebrows...)

Anyways, tonight, we had an... interesting conversation... read along with me:

Jennifer: "...The heat went away for the day so I enjoyed the day more than I usually do....I'm not a fan of the heat..."
Me: "Then I guess you won't be heading to TX anytime soon... LOL"
Jennifer: "That would be a very safe guess!"
Me: ":("
Jennifer: "Why so sad? You don't even know if you would like me well enough in real life to want me hanging around Texas."
Me: "Interestingly enough...you're kinda right."
Jennifer: "Of course I'm right, I'm always right."
Me: "Anyways... you really think I wouldn't like you in real life?"
Jennifer: "I don't know....You might, you might not. I've always been afraid you wouldn't so I've never made the extra effort to get together with you anywhere.....I just figured why ruin a good thing."
Me: "I can see your point. But, then again, why miss out on an even better thing, you know?"
Jennifer: "In my case I am better off not knowing if it could be an even better thing...."
Me: "Really? What makes you say that?"
Jennifer: "Think about it....Why would a married woman want to know if she missed out on a really good thing?"
Me: "Damn... I feel selfish right about now."
Jennifer: (nine minutes later) "I'm sorry, I think I should go...."

You'd think by now I'd have learn not to say EVERYTHING that's on my mind on the Internet. Anyways...

Happy 221st Birthday, Los Angeles! Wonder what you get the city that has everything?

So I had a little chat with the 8 Minute Dating event organizer in Austin. Apparently, the company promised a little bit too much money with their events. But I'm still a little interested...stay tuned to see how this all goes.

I'm watching Carson Daly's "Last Call" show...he's interviewing journalist John Miller. All I can say is... "Damnit, man, let your guest talk!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home