The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, September 01, 2002

So I am REALLY an idiot now.

About an hour or so ago, I had a little chat with my friend Lauryn. She told me that her friend April said hi. Now, after roaming around Lauryn's site, I came upon April's webpage. I told Lauryn that I thought April was cute last night. Well, I guess I assumed that since she said "April says hi," that she must have told her about what I said. I asked Lauryn if that was the case. Turns out that April was RIGHT NEXT TO LAURYN when I sent that message.

Now, mind you, I realize I didn't exactly have the best of shots of ever meeting this person (unless, of course, my tryout for the new Pyramid goes well). But I wish I could stop putting my foot in my mouth so many damn times. I'm sure I'll be able to look back on this episode and laugh. Probably after a few therapy sessions...

In other news, I re-entered the fabulous world of fantasy football today. For those of you that don't know, fantasy football is a game in which you select a team of real-life NFL players. Your score during a certain week is determined by how well those players perform. So, without further ado, I am proud to introduce the 2002 San Antonio Brown Boys!

QB's: Tim Couch and Steve McNair
RB's: Anthony Thomas, Mike Alstott, Troy Hambrick, and Chris Fuamatu-Ma’afala
WR's: Curtis Conway, Isaac Bruce, and Keenan McCardell
TE's: Byron Chamerlain and Freddie Jones
K Jason Elam
D Washington

I realize they're not all cream of the crop, but I'm hoping to field a competitive enough team so as to not embarass me.

So last night I went out with John and the gang yet again. During our night out, I saw a girl who used to go to the same high school as most of the people in our group. Now, she was a freshman when we were seniors, so our contact was limited back then. But still, she was enough a part of the rumor mill to warrant John making up a bus song about her. Well, after I went to say Hi to her, she saw John. This girl then decides that it was the time to unleash over six years of pent-up anguish about all this on him. Good Lord, don't I feel good right about now. Long and short of the story, she left (after another, calmer discussion with John) and I got her phone number. John kinda ribbed me about it, but I gave him the scenario of a field-goal kicker in a slump. He needs to make a few from 10-20 yards out to get his confidence back, then he can boom them from 50-60 yard range.

Here's the thing agout it, though... she's a Wiccan. Seems as though I'm the only Catholic person I know that knows (or has had contact with) as many Wiccans as I have. I don't know why it weirds me out like this... maybe "weirding out" is the wrong term to use. It seems that the witches I've met all seem to have the same characteristics: between 18-25, a medium-to-very-rough childhood, bisexual tendencies, and a nice rack. All ingredients that I've been chasing lately (most of them, anyway). Not to knock Catholicism in any way, but I don't know why the Catholic girls I know aren't as... interesting as these witches. I'm not saying I want to join up with their group (I've never looked good in purple velvet), but something about them always intrigues me.

Anyways, time for me to stop this nonsense. Happy Labor Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home