The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, August 26, 2002

Another cool random blog of note... Forever Brown. Saw it on the "recently updated" column, I just HAD to visit... What can I say? I love brown. ;) (By the way, why is it that every New Yorker hangs out with beautiful people?)

For the person that's writing the book on blogging, let me offer a tidbit.

Blogging Rule #74- NEVER reveal a crush on your blog, EVER!
If you'll remember my last message, you'll recall how I declared my attraction toward a certain online friend of mine. Well, after I posted the message, I told her that I had updated this thing. And, stupidly enough, I gave her the URL for this thing. Needless to say, I haven't talked to her since. Not that I had much of a shot with her to begin with, but I'd have better luck hitting on 20 at the blackjack tables.

So this week is a big week for me. I'm hoping to hear from a local university about a job I applied for some time ago, I go to Austin on Tuesday to take a test for another job, as well as to make a demo tape at the station I used to work for to apply for yet another job. Add in a doctor's appointment, and a visit to Retama to use a prize pack that I won over the weekend, and the ingredients are there for a good week (I hope).

So I had a friend over on Friday night. Another female Internet friend of mine whom I've known for about 2 years now. (You're starting to see a pattern in my dating style now, aren't you?) Anyways, I went to San Marcos to pick her up. We hung out by ourselves most of the evening before we met up with John (the guy who convinced her to come down in the first place). At the beginning of the night, she expressed an interest in getting drunk. Of course, I automatically liked my chances of getting to make out with her. But, yet again, I struck out. This got me to thinking about something I saw scribbled on the sidewalk in Austin once...

"If at first you don't succeed.... redefine success."

Why is it that I place such a high value on physical stuff? Isn't a mental/spiritual connection usually more valued? (Then again, it's been forever since I've had one of those either...) Of course, I'm still working on being able to talk to women more confidently than I have been. As you could tell, it's not going as swimingly as one may hope, but it's still early in the game. I figure things will pick up as soon as I move out of my parents' house. I just hope and pray that that day comes REAL soon...

Another thing has gotten me thinking about women. My friend Raelyn got married a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to check it out, but it didn't happen. (I also wanted to see my friend Amy that weekend, but that, too, didn't happen, courtesy of Ma and Pa.) I had SUCH a crush on her back in the day, but thanks to her having been hurt in an online fling in the past, the stars were crossed from the beginning. Anyway, as fate would have it, this hard-core Catholic girl ends up marrying an atheist who used to date her roommate. Why the hell can't I be this lucky?

It sucks when venting frustration can't be more poetic, but this is the best you're getting out of me tonight. G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home