The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Saturday, August 31, 2002

I am REALLY wanting to get some cash and move out of my parents' house.

This girl I know (Sandi) called me up today to let me know that she passed all her exams to become licensed by the FAA to be a mechanic on planes. I'm actually pretty happy for her, she's been working for what seems like forever and a day. My mistake was telling my folks about it.

Thing is, me and Sandi have a bit of a... history. We first met in freshman year of high school back in 1992. I thought she was pretty cute, but she was always hanging around the seniors. There were rumors about her, but I still continued to like her. After disappearing from the earth, she popped back into my life during my senior year. After a while, she became my first. (And my second, and my third, and my...well, you get the point.) Then came time for me to head to Austin to begin college life. She started becoming a bit... mental, I guess. And I (along with some help from my folks) decided to not talk to her. Didn't see her for a couple of years until a chance encounter at a restaurant. She gave me her number, I called her, and we ended up having sex again. I then realized what I was getting myself into again, so I literally ran out of her building. She then told me that she was pregnant and that I should not contact her again.

After a period of a few months, I found out that she lied.

Anyways, in these past few months, I've talked to her on the phone a few times, and have only met up with her once or twice (she always seems to be too busy). She's crazy about this guy who lives in Dallas now, and seems to be looking for employment in the DFW area. So why can't I talk to this girl without catching hell from my folks?

Another reason for me to move out: money.

Went bowling tonight with my friends. My dad told me that he would give me some cash to cover it "against his better judgement." I'm glad that he could hold his nose enough to shell out a few dollars for some fun. Truth is, things have been kind of stressful around here, what with my dad being laid off from his job a few months ago. Even worse, if you'll remember my July 1 post about wanting to take a trip... well, that never happened. Even though I had enough money OF MY OWN to go somewhere, they said that I "should concentrate on looking for a job." A whole summer later, and no job. I doubt a few days would have changed things.

Sorry for the bitter tone, folks. Just some stuff I needed to get off my chest. Any thoughts? brownboyut@hotmail.com...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home