The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, August 29, 2002

Dear Greg,

I just wanted to let you know that I am doing very well without you. I thought that I would be doing a whole lot worse but I'm not. Truth of the matter is that I am moving on. I know what I need to do and what I need to work on. I'm realizing that there are so many other things that I want to do and explore. Anyways, I am happy and that is what matters. I guess you could say that this is an ending of a personal era for me. It has been a ride I will never forget. I still care about you and I hope that we can be friends sometime in the future. Goodbye, good luck and I wish you every happiness. :)

Your "I'm a survivor" friend,

Suzanne


This e-mail was waiting for me yesterday, right before I was to take a test for a job I was applying for at UT. (More on that later...) Anyways, I actually tried going by her new place before visiting with my friend Michelle. She wasn't there, and wasn't answering her cell phone, so I decided to leave well enough alone. She did call me back when I got back into S.A.When I mentioned the e-mail to her, she said it was all a front. A big lie. Turns out she's still in love with me. Yeah, THAT wasn't awkward at all... She told me to take my time about thinking it over. I think I'll take my time in getting back to her about my feelings. I mean, she did make me feel good (she even told me last night that she loves my wishy-washiness). But I just don't see us being boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.

In other news, turns out Playboy's latest Big XII issue is causing a lot of ruckus. Thank God I didn't even think about going to Baylor...

Alright, I admit it... I WATCH "AMERICAN IDOL"! Ever since my uncle asked that I record an episode for him, I've been hooked. It's almost sad to see so much attention given to a person who will have spent at least 10 of his or her 15 minutes before they even have a deal. My biggest attraction to the show is the sheer emotion of it. When you break it down to it's most basic level, it's pretty much a glorified karaoke contest. But to see a person's dreams get dashed on live TV... can't beat that with a stick. (Truth be told, I actually thought that Kelly Clarkson was a UT student, but I never found her name on the UT directory.)

Put out two job resumes today: one for insurance giant USAA, and for a part-time gig at the local FOX affiliate. Hopefully something will hit soon. I'm getting tired of being poor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home