The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, September 16, 2002

So this was a good weekend and a bad one.

Yesterday was fuckin' great. Got to see most of the UT game, and saw some even better results, like...
Penn State 40, Nebraska 7.
Southern Cal 40, Colorado 3.

After all that, I saw the De La Hoya fight. I tell you what, even though I was rooting for the underdog Vargas, something about that fight energized me. I don't know what, but the energy of that fight got to me. I remember driving home afterwards and feeling really good.And I hadn't even had much to drink up to that point... But seeing that bout made me want to make the rest of that night special. How, I didn't know...

But I did get a phone number that night. From a girl named Nancy. Who was hanging out with another girl named Nancy. Go fig... Not gonna call it, though. She really wasn't my type.

I swear though, after that fight, looked like every single brown person in SA was out afterwards celebrating. Seeing the shots from around the arena, I almost thought it was a Marc Anthony concert or something. Kinda makes me think back to all the African-Americans I saw in Vegas when I was there on the weekend of the Tyson-Holyfield "Ear" fight. And they say America isn't segregated...

Today was alright. Only bad thing being my fantasy team is being throttled right now, 90-46. Only change I made from last week was benching Byron Chamberlain in favor of Freddie Jones. I swear, I need to pick up a bona fide running back. If anyone out there has suggestions, feel free to let me know.

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow, details about a surprise test that I have on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home