The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Thursday, September 19, 2002

What a difference a few days makes.

At 9:51 p.m. Central, my friend Jennifer called me up. I called her last night to tell her some news I had (which I'll share momentarily). She was eating, and said she'd call me back that night. She didn't, so she called me tonight. I gave her the good news, then told me about news of her own.

She's engaged.

Now, I've had a thing for this girl ever since our "friends with benefits" stage about 4-5 years ago. But she always saw me as "a good friend." She's been with this current guy for about a year or so. As bad as it sounds, I secretly hoped for a break-up so I could finally get a shot with her. But now she has a fiancee. But that's not the end of it.

Suzanne comes online, and I tell her that I'm not feeling too good. She calls me up to ask what's wrong, and I tell her. She has some understanding words, then goes on to tell me about a date she had tonight. This is the second date she's told me about in the last few days, and, according to her, it went real well. She tells me that this guy is all that and a bag of chips. Of course, after the episode with the e-mail (see post on 8/29), I'm somewhat skeptical about the validity of this story.

Okay, now the news I promised earlier (and the test from the last post). I have an interview next month with the FBI in Houston. That's all I'll say on that, but I will say that if I do get it, I'll be moving out of state.

(insert jumping for joy graphic here)

As for this test thing, I have a test on Saturday for the U.S. Foreign Service. If I do well on that, I'll be one step closer to moving out of the country.

(insert another jumping for joy graphic here)

But we'll see. I'm still hoping for the UT job, I'm gonna call the guy tomorrow so I can find out my status.

Here's hoping that the truth really will set me free...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home