The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, October 17, 2004

So these last few days have been pretty interesting. Allow me to tell you about them.

Last night, I went to see Team America: World Police with a gal you may remember. The blind date from July (we'll refer to her as "S" in this post) and I met up at a theater to see the film. We hadn't talked in a long time, due to some issues she's been going through. We had a fun time, though. The movie was enjoyable enough (though the theater was surprisingly empty; according to a Yahoo report, the film came in third at the box office). Afterwards, we went our separate ways. I went to a bar to meet up with a friend of mine (we'll call her "V"), and a friend of hers, C. We talked for a little bit over some cold beer, then left to V's apartment for soda and brownies (always the perfect nightcap, I say).

Thursday night, I met up with a gal I ran into at a job fair that I attended a few weeks ago. (We'll call her "G".) She went to my high school (was a soph. when I was a senior, I believe), so I knew her a little bit before we got acquainted at the fair. She'd met up with me when I'd been out with friends, but this was our first time that we'd met up by ourselves. We went to a bar, and sat, drank, and talked for a little over three hours. One of my finest performances to date, I dare say. I was witty, used intelligent vocabulary... and she was great to talk to as well. Real interesting, very well-spoken. It was nice.

Wednesday night saw a dinner at Dave and Buster's with an old friend of mine from college. (Her name also begins with a "G," so we'll call her "G2".) We caught up over shrimp alfredo and Key Lime Pie. She regaled me with stories of her White House intern stint (make your own joke, then continue reading.... okay), I told her about my current unemployment adventures. Hopefully some more outings will come from that.

So, to tally it all up...
-4 nights.
-5 women I hung out with. (Note: 4 are single, C is engaged to a cool guy who I met once.)

Ironically, all this came after a "woe is me" chat with my new chat friend, Suse. Of course, who knows where all this may lead? I may become an Intellectual Whore to all these girls. Or, I may have many consecutive nights of hot sweaty monkey sex. (I'll assume my readers know which option I'm rooting for...) This should be interesting...

2 Comments:

  • Wait, what option was that again?

    I don't want to hear any more "I'm such a loser with women" complaints. I think you're doing okay. You cetainly don't need my help, do you?

    By Blogger Sandra Vahtel, at 6:12 PM  

  • Wait, what option was that again?

    I don't want to hear any more "I'm such a loser with women" complaints. I think you're doing okay. You cetainly don't need my help, do you?

    By Blogger Sandra Vahtel, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home