The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

So I've been seeing this personal trainer for a few weeks now. ("Seeing" as in being trained by her, not dating her.) She kicks my ass for an hour three times a week. And I'm starting to wonder what the point is.

You may remember me beginning the Discover National Body Challenge a couple of months ago. I've been working out pretty regularly since about mid-January. And I have seen SOME difference in the scale readings since then. (The final weigh-in happens this Saturday; I'll let you know how it goes.) But on a visual level, the results have been underwhelming.

I get so friggin' frustrated during these workouts, it takes me about 30 minutes to think normally again. And after two months, nothing. Yes, I know it's a marathon, not a sprint. But hell, my gym's own TV spots show "before" and "after" shots after a one month period. I didn't expect to be like a Men's Health cover model or Brad Pitt in "Fight Club," but I did not expect to have my familiar gut still around. Yes, my diet has been less than stellar during all this, but I think I've been average throughout the period.

I dunno... maybe now I know how Kirstie Alley feels...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home