The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So I risked life and limb to go into work today...

...and was greeted with a madhouse. With a severly short-staffed department, everyone was trying to manage all of the incoming calls. Of course, people in other parts of the country really don't care that all of S.A. is closed due to ice, they just care about their money. Those that did brave the conditions were rewarded with $6 in free food from the cafeteria, while those that stayed home were rewarded with not getting an occurence. ("Occurence"=strike in our workplace, three or more in a certain period of time, and there are consequences.) You tell me who got the better of that deal.

Of course, according to my dad (who watched the weather reports all day), things are supposed to be even worse tomorrow. So, do I...

A) go in tomorrow on time?
B) go in late tomorrow?
C) call in tomorrow?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home