The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Another Saturday, another marathon session of sitting in my place doing not much of anything.

Not to say I did absolutely nothing. I picked up a bit. And, by "picked up," I mean transfer clutter from my living room to my computer room and do a load of laundry. I did see part of Barack Obama's hat toss. (Still waiting till I hear more substantive stuff from him until I fall in love, unlike some people.) I did go out and get some fried chicken for lunch.

Mostly, today was a day to sit, relax and contemplate. About what, you ask?

Same thing I usually think of: relationships.

A couple of weeks ago, as I was about to fall asleep, I looked over at the other side of my bed, and began feeling a bit lonely. Now, it's not like I was wanting a bed buddy right then and there (though, I wouldn't protest if one came along). Just a feeling of having someone around, of having some form of contact, sexual or otherwise.

Today, I think I may have figured out what may be to blame: my past, or more accurately, my willingness to relive it. Too often, I find myself dwelling on things in the past: the Great Christmas Debacle, the Valentine's Day date from last year who forgot about our dinner, too many stories that begin with "One time, my ex and I..."

Others seem to be getting into the coupled-up craze lately. Sandra's got herself a man, PG's got an out-of-town dude, and a friend of mine and a co-worker I introduced her to are talking about getting married in March. (For the record, they met this past December.)

Yes, these feelings are a bit heightened due to Valentine's being just around the corner. But I'm trying to not have them be such a large part of my thought process. I did cancel my match.com membership (due to expire on 2-14-07, appropriately).

In lieu of a proper ending to this post, I give you the first segment of the first episode of "Deal or No Deal: Canada."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home