The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Monday, September 10, 2007

Time to fill in some details...

You remember how excited I was about my date? Looks like the excitement may be short-lived. I haven't spoken with her since that night. I left a few voicemails and text messages before convincing myself on Tuesday to stop. The bride told me that, after talking with my date's sister during a hair appointment, she found out that my date hasn't had the best luck with guys. She might not have called due to being scared. After a weekend of successfully not thinking about her, I saw the following on my phone this morning:

"Good Morning Greg. Sorry I havnt clld. Had lots going on all @ the same time. Didnt mean 2 be rude. Hope u have a good day! Talk 2 u soon. :)"

True to form, I texted her back earlier this evening, and followed it up with a phone call voicemail. Followed by lots of analysis.

Is she really "scared"? Is she always this bad about returning phone calls (to hear her cousin tell it)? Does she even like me? Should I just forget about it?

The possibility that my first good prospect in months may be stopping things before they even get started is not doing wonders for my self-esteem right about now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Ah, well it's true that often it's just about the other person and not at all about you. That's what makes finding someone twice as difficult.

    By Blogger ~profgrrrrl~, at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home