The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Friday, November 07, 2008

Okay, so it's been a while. Here's what's going on with me...

- I've been going through a few doctor's appointments, first for some concerns with my heart. Now, I find that I have a lesion on my liver. It could be something, it might be nothing, I'll be going through some other tests with a gastroentorologist. Yet, I still had fast food the past few days.

- I had a date on Tuesday night. That's right, the same night history was made by electing Barack Obama, I went out with a girl. I had tickets to the Spurs/Mavs game that night, and asked out R. I met her at Theology on Tap. (Sound familiar?) Turns out she's an avid McCain supporter. (It's always fun and games until the word "baby-killer" is used.) But the non-political discussion was cool enough, thinking I'm gonna ask her to the game next week to see how she is when her candidate isn't giving a concession speech.

- By the way, not that it's any of your business, but I voted for Mr. Obama. Now I'm just hoping he doesn't screw it up.

- Heading to Cleveland next week as part of another meetup for the Pop Candy blog. If you're counting at home, that makes four such meetups this year, all out of town. Maybe I do need to start finding new friends in this town.

- Had a second interview last week for a new division at my current company. I've interviewed with them before, but this is the furthest I've gone in the process. Since I was off work this week, I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I will soon.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • The health problems sound pretty awful. I'm hoping for your sake they turn out to be nothing. And lay off the fast food. That stuff will kill ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home