The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yes, I realize I haven't posted in a while. Here's an update to my life in bullet points.

- The job I interviewed for? Never heard back from them. Might have something to do with all this bailout stuff, but I never even heard a "no." Tried emailing them a few weeks ago, but still nothing. Figure I shouldn't hold my breath.

- I am in the process (a little) in applying for another job. It's in a field I was in before. Less pay than what I get now, but hopefully there'd be more enjoyment.

- A girl is coming to visit me from out of town. No formal plans have been made, but she'll be flying in during early January. I'm excited to meet her in person after talking with her over the phone for the past few weeks.

- I'm in the middle of a weight-loss competition with my family. Whoever loses the highest percentage of body weight by the end of the year wins. Each of us put in $50, winner takes all. The scoreboard right now reads as follows:

  • Me: -1.06%
  • Mom: 0.0%
  • Dad: +3.9%

To be honest, I've not done much in the way of diet or exercise. I figure I can try to make a big push during these last few weeks.

- A friend is going through a tough time with her marriage. Without sharing too many details, she's undergoing an abusive relationship (emotional and physical). The only thing that keeps her going (according to her) is her son. If anyone out there has any ideas on how to help, please let me know.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Good luck with the job you're in the process of applying for. If it's something you'd enjoy, then go for it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home